Spinach veggie balls! Here is a quick and easy recipe to prepare that even children will love
June 09, 2018
Ever since Popeye got his sweetheart, Olive Oyl out of trouble every time he ate one or two cans of spinach, children have seen this prodigious vegetable as pretty cool.
However, it is still not always easy to make children eat spinach or vegetables in general without them showing at least some resistance. So why not simply present vegetables like spinach in another form?
Try making these veggie balls and you will see, your children will ask for them again and again!
- 2 packages of fresh or frozen spinach
- salt, pepper, aromatic herbs
- 4 beaten eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- dried breadcrumbs
- grated cheese
- Blanch fresh spinach or if frozen let it thaw in the refrigerator and squeeze out the excess water.
- Chop the onion and fry it in the oil.
- Put the eggs, spinach, and breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix.
- Add grated cheese, pepper, salt, and herbs if you like.
- Create balls of the same size and place them on a baking sheet.