A dog runs away from home because of fireworks: at 3 am the door bell rings
July 20, 2021
Pets, especially dogs, can be terribly frightened by fireworks, so much so that every New Year, in every country, pet owners become alarmed about this tradition which is so unpleasant for our pets. The rockets and fireworks that are fired on New Year's Eve or any other important public event or event, are a real source of anxiety for the owners of many four-legged friends: their health is in fact put at risk by this avoidable practice. The human parents of Rajah, a cute little dog, were very worried when they discovered that their puppy had run away from home. The dog, when he began to hear the fireworks that, traditionally, are fired in America for the 4th of July, ran away from home. His owners, Mary Lynn Whitacre and Ryan Washick, set out in pursuit of him but, after losing sight of him, they never found him again.
via Facebook / Mary Lynn Whitacre
Mary Lynn Whitacre and Ryan Washick knew their little dog would be scared, but they couldn't hold him back the moment the fireworks exploded in the air. For hours they searched around for Rajah, convinced that he was lost in the area; they took their car and started searching the area, but after several hours they still hadn't found any trace of their dog. As you can imagine, it was a dramatic moment for Rajah's owners: no one would want their beloved dog to disappear like this!
In a moment of desperation, the two even placed an ad on Facebook to alert neighbors and friends if they spotted Rajah. The two had no idea that they would be awakened in the middle of the night ... by their beloved Rajah! At 3 am, the couple heard the doorbell ring: they were greatly surprised when they saw that Rajah had returned alone and had rang the bell with his muzzle! He was dirty and his sulky expression seemed to say "I'm sorry, I didn't want to run away."
Rajah's unsuspected ability to ring the bell was evidenced by the recording from the video camera positioned right on the front door of the house. For his owners it was a real relief to welcome him back home to them!
Rajah's story reminds us of how dangerous fireworks are for our animal friends!