"How beautiful my grandmother was when she was young": 17 photos to remind us of all the charm of a passed generation
Grandparents are very important figures in a child's life and, often, they also end up replacing their parents. The large age difference with grandchildren means that the perception that one has of grandparents is usually that of very old people. In the memory of a grandson, his grandmother "has always been like this": elderly. Yet, our grandparents were as young as everyone else and their previous life, in which they were still single or did not imagine they would have children and even grandchildren, was as adventurous as anyone else's. Our grandparents when they were young, then, kept a beauty and charm that is sometimes difficult to trace in more recent generations. Just look at these old photos and make a quick check against today's young people: there is no comparison!
1. "My beautiful grandfather the day before he left with the Marines, in 1941"
Reddit / aking25
2. "My grandmother in a portrait of the 40s"
Reddit / AuxxMe
3. "My grandmother was not allowed to join the Air Force because she was a woman. So she decided to give flying lessons to young people, in Stephenville, Texas, during World War II" (1940)
Reddit / jsdlp
4. "This is my favorite photo of the two of them: my beautiful grandparents on their wedding day in 1946"
Reddit / Davoldo
5. "Look at the style my maternal grandfather had at 21 or 22 years old. At that time he had just met my grandmother and it was the 40s"
Reddit / MissB8604
6. "My friend's grandparents. It was California in the 1940s"
7. "My grandmother during her high school years (1950). She has always been beautiful, even in the final years of her life"
Reddit / WannaHearALimerick
8. "My grandfather and grandmother on a date. Both were from Puerto Rico. She was of Spanish descent and he had great-grandparents from East Africa."
Reddit / __Ouchie__
9. "Grandma in the early 1950s. She turned 90 this year and still looks beautiful!"
Reddit / good_at_life
10. "My grandmother immediately after fleeing from Communist Bulgaria to Germany" (1978)
Reddit / wfyff
11. "Guys, my grandfather was handsome as a Hollywood actor!"
Reddit / gingeralee
12. "My grandmother was a model in the 50s and 60s!"
Reddit / aenimafacilis
13. "My great-grandfather just arrived in the United States from Iraq" (1913)
Reddit / BiggelsonWiggelson
14. "Many people admired my grandfather's photo from World War II, today I want to tell you that he has turned 100!"
Reddit / evelynisnotreal
15. "This photo of my grandparents was taken in 1951 when they got engaged"
Reddit / Djangoinspired
16. "My great-grandparents on their wedding day in 1937. They both look very happy, although who knows what color great-grandmother's dress was!"
Reddit / Bagoffun859
17. "You wouldn't want to mess with my grandmother!"