22 people who could have done without the chef's originality in order to eat from a "real" dish
When booking a lunch or dinner at the restaurant we always anticipate spending some pleasant time in the company of those we love most and, of course, enjoying some good food. Unless you only book your favorite restaurant, suitable for every occasion, you will be happy to try new places. Why do we talk about risk? Well, you never know what the food on the menu will actually look like until you try it for yourself. Unfortunately, it can happen that you are disappointed, not only by the taste, but also by the presentation. Have you ever seen pretentious and unlikely plating like in these images? The people on the receiving end of these dishes were literally blown away when their order came to the table!
via Reddit / We Want Plates
1. Grilled cheese presented in a somewhat bizarre way ...
Reddit / universal_cynic
2. Do you like broccoli?
Reddit / oldfashioned24
3. This can't be for real...
4. They might have been delicious croquettes or supplì, but the shoe has ruined everything ...
5. Crispy bread presented on a comb, on a log ... why ?!
Reddit / Ralph_Cane
6. They thought it would be a nice, original idea, but instead ...
7. Spring rolls served in a miniature shopping cart
Reddit / RedRob93
8. "My son's grilled cheese came straight from a dog bowl!"
Reddit / sunburnkings
9. And this is called 'dessert'?
10. Only edible plates are served here ...
11. "As you can imagine, it continued to melt ... until it dripped all over my knees"
Reddit / ecapstone
12. Three ravioli ... three. Hanging there like laundry from wooden clothespins.
Reddit / jranchy420
13. Being original at any cost has its risks ...
14. "My mother tried to eat what looked like chocolate chips at the bottom ... they were pebbles!"
Reddit / xoxohorses
15. The dish of the day: for self-assembly!
16. Prawn à la telephone
17. It looks good, but how do you eat it?!
18. Steak and mashed potatoes served in a sombrero...
Reddit / issyababymamma
19. When you have an aperitif at 12 and a tennis match at 12:05
Reddit / ImMisterBrightside
20. Enough with these "ingenious" ideas ... we want to eat from real plates!
Reddit / oxident
21. A dainty morsel for an appetizer...served on a bed of raw, unpeeled potatoes!
Reddit / pekkiepek
22. BONUS: "My appetizer arrived in a box complete with a padlock!"