24 examples of how street art can give life to the dull and lifeless corners of cities
Although it is often viewed in an extremely negative way, so-called street art can, in fact, be considered a typically contemporary artistic expression.
As well as being a manifestation of an imagination indicative of the time in which we live, it contributes greatly to improving the aesthetics of some urban environments that are in degraded conditions.
As a matter of fact, this is so evident that even those who do not care for street art very much have to recognize and appreciate its regenerative power!
1. Athens (Greece) - "Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
2. Valey (France) - "Renaissance"
3. Berlin (Germany) - Giant Starling Mural (a 13-floor sized bird)
4. Palmitas (Mexico) - The painted city
5. Glasgow (Scotland) - Photorealistic Mural
6. Bristol (UK) - Full Moon Hostel
7. Mechelen (Belgium) - Diving Dog Mural
8. San Francisco (California) - "16th Avenue Tiled Steps"
9. Lisbon (Portugal) - Racoon Mural Made Of Trash And Found Objects
10. Montreal (Canada) -"Brick Kidz" by Street Artist Seth GlobePainter
11. Barcelona (Spain) - "Ringo Starr"
12. New York (USA) - "The Kiss"
13. Kaunas (Lithuania) - "Wise Grandpa"
14. Budapest (Hungary) - Painted external facade
15. Paris (France) - "The girl in the umbrella"
16. Malmo (Sweden) - "The Magic Book"
17. Vilnius (Lithuania) - "Lithuania Cinema"
18. Lotz (Polonia) - "Arthur Rubinstein"
19. Bristol (UK) - "Urban Night Streets"
20. Corvilha (Portugal) - "Birds"
21. Montreal (Canada) - "Grandmother Writer"
22. Arkansas (USA) - Mural Art at the Universal Chapel in Fort Smith, Arkansas
23. Buenos Aires (Argentina) - "The Smile"
24. Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) -"We are all One" by Brazilian muralist Eduardo (created for the Rio 2016 Olympics)
In your opinion, can this not be considered to be art?