15 quotes from Einstein that will make you change your perspective about everything
January 16, 2019
Albert Einstein was one of the great personalities and symbols of the twentieth century whose name is still synonymous with intelligence and genius!
Einstein was a German physicist with Jewish origins and he achieved world fame with his "Theory of Relativity," receiving the Nobel Prize in physics in 1921.
Less known was instead his figure as a philosopher, as well as a political thinker. As a matter of fact, Einstein's pacifist position led him to warn humanity against the risks of a second world war.
During his lifetime, Einstein managed to express in brief terms some profound considerations regarding the life of human beings; here are some.
- 1. "Education is what remains once we forget everything we have learned at school."
- 2. "There is a driving force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy --- willpower!"
- 3. For students: "Make sure you have completed your homework so that you do not have to repeat the course. You do not need to have good grades in everything."
- 4. "Do not try to become a successful man, but a man of value."
- 5. "The mind is like a parachute: it only works if we open it."
- 6."I do not know with what weapons the Third World War will be fought, but the Fourth will be fought with sticks and stones."
- 7. "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited whereas Imagination encompasses the world."
- 8. "To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real progress in science."
- 9. "We are all very ignorant, what happens is that we are not all ignorant about the same things."
- 10. "There are two ways of seeing life: one believes that miracles do not exist and the another is to believe that everything is a miracle."
- 11. "The ideals that illuminate my path and which have given me the courage to face life with joy are: kindness, beauty, and truth."
- 12. "Setting an example is not the main way to influence others; it is the only way."
- 13. "Only a life lived for others is a life that is worth living."
- 14. "If A is the success in life, then A = X + Y + Z. Where X is work, Y is pleasure and Z is keeping your mouth shut."
- 15. "We mortals can reach immortality in the things we create for the community and that remain after we are gone."