Some natural methods to eliminate mold from walls without using chemicals!
At the origin, there could be a problem of insulation, or related to the positioning of the house itself (walls exposed to the north), the fact is that mold is a very difficult problem to tackle for many homeowners.
Eliminating it all together can be impossible if you do not intervene on the cause that generates it.
We often resort to the use of poisons that are dangerous both for the environment and for the health of those breathing the air in the room in which these poisons are sprayed.
Moreover, letting mold spread and invade bigger portions of the wall can be dangerous, as the mycotoxins produced can cause allergies and breathing problems.
So what should be done? The answer is to use natural products, in the meantime, while you are looking for a permanent solution that eliminates mold (when it is possible). Here are some natural methods ...
Warning: Although these are natural products, it is still advisable to use protective equipment for personal safety, such as gloves, masks, and special glasses or goggles. Also, be sure to keep the environment ventilated.
1. Ethanol: You can get rid of mold using highly alcoholic beverages such as vodka. Even better if you buy the cheapest brand, as it is less distilled and therefore rich in agents that will eliminate mold fungi.
2. Keep rooms dry: Mold originates from the humidity that accumulates in rooms, especially on the walls. To contain the extension of mold, it is necessary to eliminate the moisture which can be done by installing filters that dry the air.
3. Tea tree oil: If you are determined not to use chemicals, then you must get yourself some tea tree oil. Just add a cup of water to a tablespoon of tea tree oil in a spray bottle, apply it to the area covered with mold and leave for one night. The next day, scrub the area with additional tea tree oil to remove any residual mold.
4. Hydrogen peroxide: Use 3% hydrogen peroxide, spray it directly on the mold and let it act for 10 minutes. This product not only eliminates mold but also has a preventive capacity. Warning: Wear gloves and a mask during application, and make sure you keep the environment ventilated.
5. Baking soda: Add a little water to some baking soda until a granular paste is obtained. Spread it on the areas covered with mold, helping yourself with an old toothbrush for a deeper cleaning.
6. Vinegar: Vinegar solves many domestic problems, including the presence of mold. Put some vinegar in a spray bottle, apply the vinegar to the mold and allow to act for a few minutes. Then rub with a damp cloth.