10 natural foods will help you lower your blood sugar levels without you even realizing it!
Hyperglycemia is an endemic disorder of modern society that affects an increasing number of individuals, including young people, every year, mainly due to incorrect lifestyles.
Warning symptoms include unexplained weight loss, uncontrolled hunger, frequent urination, slow healing, blurred vision, and skin problems.
Nutrition is one of the pillars of well-being, and therefore, here are some suggestions for controlling blood sugar levels, starting at the dinner table.
- Oats. This is a cereal rich in soluble fiber, saturated fat, and nutrients that is able to control insulin peaks and is highly digestible.
- Infusion based on cinnamon and chamomile. Just add these two ingredients (cinnamon and chamomile) to boiling water, leave to rest, filter, and then consume. This herbal tea is very effective in controlling cholesterol.
- Garlic. An aromatic bulb used as food that stimulates the production of insulin in diabetic subjects. In addition, garlic controls the level of cholesterol and is a powerful natural antibiotic.
- Vegetable stock cubes. Excellent in broths and soups but also very useful for glycemic control due to their high content of fatty acids, especially omega-3.
- Tomato juice. Here is a must-try recipe! You only need 3 sprigs of parsley, one cup of water (200 ml), 3 ripe tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. This healthy cocktail reduces glucose levels in the blood and is rich in antioxidants, fatty acids, and fiber.
- Onion. This aromatic vegetable has remarkable antioxidant properties due to its high content of flavonoids, which are capable of preventing diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Banana smoothie. Another delicious recipe to try! You need 2 bananas, 1/2 quart of water (½ liter), 2 green apples, 5 kiwis and 3 oz cabbage (60 gr). A smoothie like this is fantastic for eliminating toxins, lowering blood sugar levels, and activating your metabolism.
- Cherries. Many associate this fruit with eating a delicious and healthy snack and yet the high anthocyanin content also makes cherries a valuable ally and remedy for preventing diabetes.
- Spinach and celery juice. An easy "green" smoothie recipe to try: 1 carrot, 1 green apple, 1/2 cup of water (100 ml), 2 stalks of celery and 2 oz spinach (60 grams). The result is a rich mix of potassium and fiber that is very useful against hyperglycemia and hypertension.
The secret to maintaining an excellent state of health lies in the right combination of exercise and healthy eating. However, each individual has different characteristics, so before embarking on any path, whether it be an exercise program or a diet, it is advisable to consult your doctor to rule out any contraindications or precautions of any kind.